Sunday, January 10, 2010

Samba

I'm very fond of Brazil's rhythm I suppose every country has its own rhythm, its own music, a way in which the trees, the sea (if there is one), the sky, the people, the bugs, create a unique sound that defines it. The way the woman walk, the way the people talk, the way the horizon hides between the Mata Atlántica, behind the morros.
If I'm very fond of Brazil's music, for call it something, I'm particularly in loved with the sound of Rio de Janeiro.
How the green that is everywhere makes everything sound so perfect, how the carioca accent goes almost through my eyes, I can almost hear the garlic being fried in every house of the city. I close my eyes and I see Rio. It gets into my blood, and invades every cell of my body - a good kind of infection.
Across the Costa Verde, outside the city, you feel everything. You feel the space that is between everything but yet, you feel connected with everything. The space is music. The space is sound. The space is rhythm. It is what makes everything fit.
You, me, the sea, the trees, the sky... everything.










1 comment: